I.
This brackless beach
Haven of all the fierce and jagged interminglings of man’s respite.
I feel, I bleakly gaze, I stare
I wrap my daunted senses ’round the bar
Unfurled and reaming like the wind
And curl or crack, I dry and heat
And I will slay the dragon
Follow on unstealthfully to his lair
Where I fear every fear
Each robust tinge of whole regret
Behold it, calm,
Beacon over crests and straights
Can you touch it
Feel it
And all the world lies loosely trenched
As opens before us from folds of ever-past
A full and glorious horizon.
II.
Treasure beyond all scope of twilight
Open blackness, restful seas,
Made to forswear all transformation
But to be
Resides in rise of greater light.
Treasure beyond all scope of twilight
Wind-shared sighs or cliff-sung praise
Lies in the light of darkened stare
Were clouds slow shades of hued in beauty
Starry skies contained more black than transient night.
Glory is a sigh to see
And meaning’s whisper to withhold.
What heart of the Creator bends
To hue in beauty with the clouds?
What we see gleam against the rocks
Can spark a sky is full of stars.
Behold the canopy of stillness
Now in the Eternal hold
Which breeds more fully meaning
Than life emergent from its seems
Canopy of stillness
Like life shown from lifeless seams.
III.
God
Light in the dust
Breath of our souls
Son, Father, Spirit
Whom have we save you
Who saves us, redeems
The tide of all creation
Lapping, drawn only to you.
Not every man is a prophet
Our treasure safe in heaven lies
Not every man is a prophet
But all have life to rest in you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment