I want to conquer mountains
While the fallen glaciers drain
To cut each cord and break each yoke
And untie every chain.
Those who creep ’round the darkness
Have lost their dark domain.
I must be fast;
The day is past
To settle in the plain.
I wish to fly in labyrinths
Where the sunset breaks the sea
The one who wails upon the crags
Has bound his heart to me.
The embers of the broken
Have lost their will to be.
I need to walk,
Ascend the rock
And think before I flee.
Flee to hidden jungles in the sizzling of the trees,
Bask on glowing beaches, learn to comprehend the seas.
Call beyond prosceniums, indulge humanities
Conquer meanings of the tongue, and settle in their ease.
Flee
To the land of flowing wine
And taste its grapes to see.
Flee to feel the dusky vine
Where dusk creeps tenderly.
Aflame in vernal gardens
Where the tangling moss gives way,
See her who found was hidden,
The perceived as she surveys.
Run the mangled tunnels
Of the mango groves and taste
The flitting bee’s lost honey
With her, whose lips bid haste.
Past arching limbs of orchards
Which the conquered dare to heed
For she whose very cheek guards
From the heartbeat drums she speeds.
She stands upon the fragments
Of the stone’s autumnal spar
Where these the ashen matins
New moon’s smoldered embers are.
We dance below the moonlight
Where earth opens at its purse
One night then morning’s respite
To write wild, tangled verse.
She looks and at a whisper
All my senses, tastes maintain
Let last the fruits and vespers
Let not consummation’s rain.
And glide and glisten under skies
So black but at a glance,
The constellations feign reprise
And I mourn who once did dance.
I need to find a shelter
Let be peace my only rest
To give my soul for whole control
Bequeath my very chest.
The wanderings of my vision
Would not achieve my crest.
I must be bold
And still take hold
Of whom will guide my best.
My home will be my savior
And my power my cornerstone.
My lord will sing and strengthen with
His warmth my every bone.
The wanderers in the darkness
Will eternal light be shone
Your kingdom come
Your will be done
My heart be on your throne.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment